If you wish to improvise your website, there’s always room to do so. Website optimization and tracking user interaction is one way to know how your website is doing out there. But how can you do that? The answer is Google Analytics. If you are planning to add Google Analytics to WordPress Elementor, you have come across the right article. The steps to do so are easy and hassle-free. But before we get to the steps let us first see what Google Analytics is.
What Is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an analytics service that provides you with statistics and analytical tools for SEO and marketing. Anyone with a Google account and a website can sign up for this service and it is free.
Google Analytics fetches user data from the website visitors via page tags.
Some of the features that comes with Google Analytics are; User demographics, interests, behaviour, etc.
The Demographics feature lets you see the overview on age and gender of the users. Whereas interests, as the name suggests, lets you see what the user was here for.
Lastly, there’s a feature called “Behaviour”, that lets you check the number of new vs returning users. It also shows you the user engagement whether the user stayed or bounced off your website. Furthermore, Google Analytics is integrated with Google Ads, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, Google Search Ads 360, etc.
You will have to create your property on Google Analytics 4 as Universal Analytics will no longer process new data from July 1, 2023.
Why Should One Use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics lets you see all interactions that happen on your website. It lets you see the overview of how many active users have been on your website. You can also check the location and language of your users through Google Analytics.
Furthermore, you can also check what age and gender group visits your website. You can also check the interests of your website visitors and see how many of them are new and how many visit your website frequently.
With Google Analytics, you can also get an idea of what the visitors usually search for on your website. You can then add that particular content to your website if you haven’t yet.
Let’s now check how you can add Google Analytics to WordPress Elementor.
How To Add Google Analytics To WordPress Elementor?
To add Google Analytics to Elementor you must first have a website using elementor.
The next step is to sign in to your Google Analytics account.
If you don’t have a Google Analytics account here’s how you can create one.
- Go to Google Analytics and click on “Start Measuring”.
- The page that appears on your screen will ask you to add your website details.
- Add details related to your website in the sections required and click “Next”.
- The second page will ask you to fill in the property details. Here the property is your website. You can create a Google Analytics 4 property through the second page. On this page, you have to add details like the name of your property, time zone, and currency. You will see an option below that says “show advanced options” that lets you create a universal analytics account. It’s up to you but as mentioned earlier, Universal Analytics will no longer process data after July 1, 2023. But on the other hand Universal Analytics is user-friendly and preferred by most users. Whereas Google Analytics 4 is lesser known.
- On the last page, you can add details related to your business. Read the Terms and Conditions properly before you create your account. When it’s done, hit “I Accept” and you have your Google Analytics account.
Now follow these steps to add Google Analytics to WordPress Elementor;
- Go to “Admin” in your Google Analytics account which is at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- You will see three options, account, property, and view.
- Select the property and go to “tracking information”, go to “Tracking code”. You will see a code on your screen.
- All you have to do now is copy the entire code.
- Go to the dashboard of your website with Elementor- a popular WordPress page builder.
- Select “Elementor and go to “Custom Code”. Give a name to the code (anything that will help you in remembering what this code is for).
- Select the location as “head” and priority as “1”.
- Paste the copied code in the box below and your website gets linked with Google Analytics.
And this is how you Google Analytics to Elementor.
Adding Google Analytics to Elementor is not a tough job when you follow the steps carefully. In fact, you might find it fun and easy to create a Google Analytics account and play with code. When you combine WordPress elementor themes with the steps provided, you’ll create a visually appealing and engaging website that’s also equipped with Google Analytics to track its performance.
We hope the above steps were easy for you and that you were able to add Google Analytics to WordPress Elementor. And if you haven’t started yet, then hurry!